Our Service to Breeders
PlantHaven Offers the Following Integrated Services:
• Free, confidential and independent advice and market research
Free, Confidential and Independent Advice and Market Research
The usual sequence is as follows:
1. Breeder engages PlantHaven for free confidential consultancy
New Variety TestingAs a rule, commercial growers are more likely to invest in a full-scale launch and promotion of a new variety after reaching confidence through careful trialling. The starting point is to identify a list of reputable triallers, in various countries, who will always sign a formal Agreement (to test-and-talk only: no sale) and keep you informed as trials proceed.Although these trials place neither them nor you under any obligation, it is usual to select triallers for their potential to be future producers.Academic institutions can make useful triallers. Some have good facilities and can be involved closer to release date.
Likewise, garden writers will often be delighted to have an advance opportunity to trial in confidence. They much prefer to write from experience than be asked to endorse a plant they are not familiar with. PlantHaven manages this entire process utilizing its many contacts in the industry both domestically and abroad.
Finding the Best Growers
PlantHaven believes that the breeder’s interest is usually best served by a carefully constructed group or network of growers who can share and maximise the market opportunity. These growers will be:• Reputable and well-established in their particular market
• Skilled in the production of the genus or plant type
• Efficient and responsive in communicating and reporting
• Experienced marketers and promoters of new varieties
• Compatible and complementary so that all relevant consumer channels are coveredThere are occasions where PlantHaven will recommend an initial period of exclusivity for a nationally distributing and marketing partner. However, PlantHaven will need to be satisfied that such a solution will out-perform all others.