Dianthus Single Star™ Series
The Star™ series represent the best in perennial Dianthus genetics! All have attractive compact, mounding foliage that looks great in mass plantings. They are heat tolerant with a vigor that is unsurpassed by other Dianthus. The Star series produces excellent, uniform, spring and early-summer crops that are perfect for Spring promotions.
'Brilliant Star': Semi-double white flowers with a maroon center borne on a compact plant.
Eastern Star (‘Red Dwarf’): Solid red flowers with a dark maroon eye and a very dwarf habit.
Fire Star (‘Devon Xera’): Vivid red single flowers with a crimson eye borne on a vigorous mound of neat grey green foliage.
'Neon Star': Amazing iridescent cerise single flowers borne on a vigorous mound of neat grey foliage.
Peppermint Star (‘Noreen’): Perfect single lavender blooms with a rose pink eye borne of a vigorous mound of neat grey foliage.
'Shining Star': A mass of hot pink flowers with a dark center and pink edge. Very uniform plant. Flowering height approx. 9”.
Shooting Star (‘Devon Starling’): Rich magenta double frilly flowers with ruby freckles in the center. Dense mounding habit.
'Spangled Star': Striking single maroon blooms with palest pink blotches and Picotee edges. Flowering height
Origin: Whetman Pinks Ltd, United Kingdom
Description / Plant Notes:
• USDA Zone 5. (-20°F or -28°C).
• Compact mouncing foliage, typically 7" in height and spread at peak bloom time .
• Foliage is sturdy and generally glaucous.
• Day neutral, perpetual flowering, heavily budded in spring: vernalization not necessary..
• Single flowers 1” – 1.5” diameter, held 3” above foliage.
• Varying degrees of perfume, somewhat reminiscent of cloves.
• Ideal for use as a front of the border perennial or in mixed containers.
Dianthus ‘Brilliant Star’ (USPP 13025)
Dianthus Eastern Star (USPP 14437 - ‘Red Dwarf’)
Dianthus Fire Star (USPP 14895 - ‘Devon Xera’)
Dianthus ‘Neon Star’ (USPP 14549)
Dianthus Peppermint Star (USPP 20369 - ‘Noreen’)
Dianthus Shining Star (USPP 20312 - 'Alva')
Dianthus Shooting Star (USPP 16431 - ‘Devon Starling’)
Dianthus 'Spangled Star' (USPP 13029)